Getting your kids to take their vitamins can be a struggle. You want them to stay healthy and meet their nutritional needs, but they often resist taking their daily dose of vitamins. Fortunately, there are a few tricks you can use to make taking vitamins easier and more fun for your little ones. Read on for five ways to get your kids to take their vitamins.
1. Make it Fun – One of the best ways to get your kids interested in taking their vitamins is by making it fun and exciting for them. Try mixing different shapes, flavors, and colors of vitamins into a bowl and let them pick one out each day or allow them to choose which vitamin they want from several options. You can also make it into a game by having them place the vitamin on their tongue and then guess what flavor it is.
2. Hide It in Food – If your child doesn’t like pills or capsules, you can hide their vitamin in food such as applesauce or yogurt. This will help mask the taste of the vitamin and make it easier for your child to swallow without gagging or refusing the pill altogether. Just be sure that you measure the correct dosage according to age and weight before giving it to your little one!
3. Mix It Up – Another way to get your children excited about taking their vitamins is by mixing up the routine every once in awhile. If they usually take a multivitamin tablet each morning, try switching things up by having them take liquid drops instead one day or giving them an alternative chewable supplement another day. This will provide variety for your child and make taking vitamins less boring over time!
4. Use Rewards – Positive reinforcement is always effective when teaching new habits and behaviors, so why not use rewards when getting your kids to take their vitamins? Offer incentives such as stickers or small toys after they successfully take all of their supplements each week or month — this will encourage good behavior while keeping things fun at the same time!
5. Offer Choices – Finally, let your child have some control over which type of supplement they’re taking each day by offering choices whenever possible. For example, if you’re trying to get them started on calcium supplements, offer different brands with various flavors so that they can pick which one they prefer most — this will make taking vitamins feel like less of a chore!
Taking daily supplements doesn’t have to be difficult for parents — with these five tips in mind, you can easily get even the pickiest eaters excited about taking their daily dose of essential nutrients! From hiding pills in food items like applesauce or yogurt, making it into a game with rewards for good behavior, offering choices whenever possible — these strategies should help make supplement-taking much easier (and more enjoyable!) for both you and your children over time!